Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Public Test Driven Pair Programming Session
Today our CTO Stefano Fornari and our Chief Architect Stefano Nichele had a public test driven pair programming session, open to developers to attend and to follow.
As an exercise they decided to fix a bug on server side.
A few developers attended the session and contributed to the discussion, suggesting different approaches and opinions.
Discussion raised about various topics, from specific code options (Should we use a List or a Set? Why?) to more abstract, controversial and interesting issues
- Is TDD driving us to create the algorithm?
- Is this the optimal algorithm?
- What would have happened if we had started from the implementation and added the tests later?
- Can additional brainstorming bring us to a better design?
- Is it worth to change the design now to improve maintainability or should we let it as it is and improve it only when new requirements will come?