Wednesday, November 10, 2010
What are we working on? Nov'10 2nd Iteration
In Funambol we have the so called Scrum of Scrums meeting at the beginning of each iteration. In this meeting a member of each scrum team share the team's backlog with the other teams. This allows teams to coordinate and have an overview of what's going on in the other teams.
Starting from today, we will briefly summarize each Scrum of Scrum here, so that the community is aware of what's going on inside Funambol and get a taste of what new features we're working on. I hope you like the idea :)
Scrum Of Scrum - November 2010, second iteration
- Bugazza team
- Mobile signup
- Bug fixing on portal admin
- C++ team
- iPhone mobile signup
- One way sync removal on clients
- Disable picture sync on iphone - usability issues, moved to next release.
- Java team
- Mobile signup on bb & android
- One way sync removal on BB & Android
- Work on Android calendar sync
- Bug fixing
- Server team
- Resume sync functionality
- Mobile signup server capabilities
- Supportability: cleanup of client logs
- Bug fixing (twins detection)
- Phone Pack
I guess some explanation is needed for some of the points, here you go:
- Mobile Signup: this is one of the new features we're working on, basically it is the option to signup to the Funambol server (e.g. my.funambol.com) directly from the application, without having to signup from a desktop pc, so you can get the app on your phone and starting to synchronize data immiediatly.
- One Way Sync Removal: we are removing one way sync from our clients, as it is misleading for the user since even if the user sets the client to one way sync, if a slow sync is triggered it will be two-way. There are also a few corner cases that cause unintuitive behavior, so we think it's better to remove completely the one way sync.
- Disabling Picture Sync on the iPhone: that was a thought decision as we know it's a very requested feature. Unfortunately Apple constraints caused usability issues, and the user was requested to wander around menus and popups and do something like 12 clicks to get the first sync started. We do not want to release an application with suboptimal user experience, so we have postponed the release of this feature while we implement a workaround. Current plan is to have the feature ready in the first quarter of 2011.